For the third consecutive year we’re proud to have developed this visual interpretation of what we felt were 17 of the most compelling video marketing statistics to help you get your video budget increased in 2017. Have a skeptical boss you need to see the light of video marketing? Do amazing video marketing statistics make you get all giddy inside? Do you enjoy silly puns about cats in videos? Then behold!
There’s also a few kittens dropped in with stats and puns because let’s face it, if it wasn’t for cat videos…our feline overlords would likely pull the plug on the entire internet. Enjoy!
Want your own copy of these purr-ific video marketing stats?
The Top 17 Video Marketing Statistics for 2017: Now with 17% more cat video puns!
- Half of social video views take place on YouTube. Facebook is second at 36%. The remaining 14% is divided between Snapchat, Twitter & Instagram. – Brightcove
- Adding a unique thumbnail image to your video can increase your play rate by 35%. – Wistia
- 45% of businesses have an explainer video on their home page. Of these businesses, 83% say their home page video is effective. – Wyzowl
- 51% of executives under 40 reported making a purchasing decision after watching a brand’s video. – Forbes
- 83% of moms search for answers to their parenting questions online & of those, 3 out of 5 moms turn to online video first for their answers. – Google 3 out of 5? You cat to be kitten me?
- How do consumers prefer to watch video content? 41% YouTube, 36% Mainstream TV, 7% Facebook, 1% Instagram & 1% Twitter – Groundbreak
- On mobile alone, YouTube reaches more 18-49 year olds than any cable network in the United States – YouTube
- 68% of consumers would prefer watching an explainer video to solve any product related problem. – Wyzowl
- This year, video content will represent 74% of all internet traffic. – Cisco That’s a LOT of cat videos!
- 51% of all video plays are on mobile devices — this growth represents a 15% increase from last year and a 203% increase from 2014. – Ooyala
- 85% of Facebook video is watched without sound. – Tubular Insights
- Zappos sells up to 30% more when using product videos. – Business Insider Wow! That’s meow-nificent!
- Video posts on Facebook have 135% greater organic reach than photo posts. – Socialbakers
- 52% of marketing professionals name video as the type of content with the best ROI. – Invodo
- 81% of brands feature video on their website. – Insidecxm Homepage videos increase conversions by 20% or more.
- Viewers who completed a product video were 25% more likely to convert than passive visitors. – Wistia
- Where both text and video are available on the same web page, 69% of users would prefer to watch video to learn about a product or service. – Wyzowl Why shouldn’t this be mew?
Who created these paw-some video stat graphics? OK. That was my last cat pun, now allow me to introduce you to Adelie Studios…
Adelie Studios specializes in visual storytelling. It’s been our focus for more than a decade. Whether it’s short explainer videos, infographics and other shareable visual content, we create the visuals that help hundreds of start
ups on up to big brands stand out in an increasingly competitive environment. And most important of all, it’s our passion. After all we create animated marketing videos…what’s not fun about that? Download the full 17 for 2017 PDF at adeliestudios.com
Check out Previous Years Top Video Marketing Statistics